I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Urgent Need: The Boyer Family

I'm not great with words, so I'm going to copy and paste my friend Renee's words, 

Ok- please repost/share/tweet/blog this!!!!!
We have a $1500 matching grant for Cindy Boyer!!!! We need to meet this asap, because she is currently IN FLIGHT to get over there, and this is a HUGE STRESSOR for her right now. She doesn't need any more stress, considering where she's going and what's she's facing, alone, since her hubby isn't traveling with her at this point.
Her FSP reads $16,042.84 to begin this matching grant. It needs to read $17,542.84 to get the matching grant!!!!
When her FSP reads $16,542.84, I will draw the names of 3 winners. One will receive 3 bars of Ukrainian chocolate, imported. One will receive a collection of a dozen "behind the scenes, feet on the ground photographs" taken by Cindy herself, during this adoption, and not shared publicly with anyone else. For those that are closely following this historical change of government and attempts as a restart at the USSR, these may one day be worth quite a bit to a collector. The other winner will receive a Ukrainian souvenir, something to remind you of your efforts today.
The same thing will be done when we reach the $1K mark at $17,042.84, with three winners receiving the same prizes, although the photographs will be different.
When we fully meet the grant, and her FSP reaches $17,542.84, we will draw the name of ONE WINNER who will receive an Ipad Mini, donated by an Anonymous Supporter!!!!!!!!!!
So please, pass the word!!!!! Let's get this on blogs, and get this met, asap. I would LOVE for her to land and get wifi and see that she is $3K closer to her goal
And even more than that, I want so very badly to see "Charlie and Lola" be out of the dangerous situation that they are in, and thriving in a family, just like our kids have since being adopted. Let's do this, y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm pretty excited about this! This family has been through a lot, and they get knocked down, and they get up again (Tubthumpin' anyone? ok back to the task at hand...) they are remarkable people with hearts for orphans and they need our community to rally and get this done. We all know it can happen, we've all seen it happen, so...drop your $5, $10, $20 in the pot, and it will be matched! Here is a link to their FSP, I would love to see a miracle this weekend, wouldn't you?

CLICK HERE to make your donation!!! Be a part of saving a life! It will do your heart good, I promise. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment