I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Friday, September 5, 2014

Two Years Later

Ok, so I'm a blogging failure, that's not really debatable. I promise that I think about blogging, and I plan to do it, life just totally gets in the way. I'm going to do my best to catch everyone (is there anyone left?!) up on what life has been like with Kenzi.

On October 18, 2012...almost two years ago (!!!) we officially became the parents of our sweet Kenzi girl. On November 20th 2012 I traveled alone to Russia to pick her up and bring her home forever! Here are some pics from Kenzi's Gotcha Day, our time hanging out in Moscow, and finally heading home to the US, where Miss McKenzie became an official US citizen when the wheels hit the runway at JFK airport in New York City on November 27, 2012!











After what seemed like FOREVER, we finally landed in Nashville, TN where daddy and some family friends were waiting to welcome our girl home!






Then it was time to head home for a good nights sleep, because the next day, Kenzi was going to meet her brothers and grandparents for the first time!





Next we celebrated Thanksgiving (better late than never!) and Christmas!







On February 1st 2013, McKenzie underwent open  heart surgery and completely rocked it! She was out of the hospital in just 12 days!





To try to make a long story short, Kenzi blossomed into a vibrant, funny, smart, amazing child in 2013. In March she celebrated her birthday for the first time ever at a Cinderella themed party. In April she went to her first Easter Egg Hunt, on Father's Day she took her first steps unassisted. She spent the summer swimming in her grandparents pool, and celebrated Halloween for the first time ever that fall...then once again she was spoiled rotten at Christmas time! Here are some photos from her first full year as a cherished daughter and sister. <3





















And in 2014, McKenzie continued to grow and bloom into an amazing little girl! The highlights (so far) have been:

-Her first road trip (we went to New Orleans)
-Her first pony ride
-Turning 5!!
-Trip to the zoo
-Church Dedication
-Her first time going to VBS
-Attending Day Camp at church for the first time
-Starting Kindergarten!

Here are some pics of Kenzi's highlights!






































Now you're all caught up!Sorry for the length of this post, but hopefully going forward I can keep this semi updated! No promises, but I'll at least post on holidays and things. 

Thanks for reading!













1 comment:

  1. Loved your post!! Kenzi has gotten so big, with long legs!!! Are you still making hairbows? Looking forward to following this adoption!!

    ReplyDelete