I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Why hello there neglected blog

Sooo...this is awkward! I had big plans to start a new blog that documented life after adoption...but then I got smacked in the head with the realization that life after adoption was the exact same thing as life as a mother of three! For those of you with fewer kids (or better time management skills) maybe you won't understand how incredibly CRAZY life can get with my oh so adorable monsters!  There wasn't a lot of time for blogging, and we've had a wild year but things have settled down considerably so I'm going to once again try my luck at a 30 day blog challenge! For anyone keeping score at home, I failed miserably last time, but I'm going to do my best. :)

So let's see if I can sum up what's been going on since the last time I posted back in April...

* My hubby finished school! He's the proud owner of an MBA now! Whoo hoo!
* We almost sold our house! It was listed and we had a buyer but her funding fell through right before closing so we're staying put for the time being.
* My sweet little girl learned how to walk!!! That was an exciting milestone for us, so proud of you, beautiful!
* I turned the big 3-0 
* McKenzie celebrated one year home! She's changed so much in such a short time. I'll attach some pics of her celebrating with her one year home presents.
*  Jack just turned four years old today! He had a little party a week ago but today is his actual birthday. :)

That's all the big stuff. There were some other little things, special family memories made, bumps along the road of life but overall I couldn't have asked or a better year. I have the love of my life, three incredible kids, and I'm just...happy. :) I hope everyone else has had a great 2013 too!


No comments:

Post a Comment