I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Monday, August 20, 2012

A Plea

This is going to be one of those posts that make trolls squeal with delight...you know the ones I'm talking about, where you breakdown and wear your heart on your sleeve and basically grovel for help on behalf of a sweet, innocent child, your child, that you've held, kissed, loved on...and left behind so you could continue the fight for their freedom from 6,000 miles away.

I try. I mean I really, really try to stay strong through this process, I try to keep myself busy with anything and everything so I can maybe forget that the little girl I love is halfway around the world, an orphan who doesn't even "get" what it means to have a mother. It kills me when I sit down and let my mind go there, to how much pain she is in from an untreated hernia, from rotted out teeth. How tired she is from living with a bad heart that has never been treated...I just don't understand how anyone can watch such a sweet little girl suffer, and not do what needs to be done to heal her literally broken heart. 

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for travel dates. Waiting to hear whether or not the judge in our adoption has agreed to waive our 3rd trip. Waiting to see if my baby girl will be home in her room, in her own bed, in less than a month...an orphan no more. This little girl is going to go from orphan to princess overnight. Her life will read like a Disney fairy tale...we just need to get over this final hurdle...the hurdle being $2,500. 

How crazy is it that a $48,000 adoption has boiled down to a $2,500 need! I'm so eternally grateful to everyone who has gotten us this far, who has gotten our sweet Kenzi this close to  home! All we need is one final push to get us over this hurdle! Will you help? We have a giveaway going on right now, you can FIND IT HERE, and you could win an awesome prize for a very small donation. Please consider entering! It ends in 11 days!

I need to get serious about this financial need. It is truly, truly a need. We don't have money tucked away where we could pull from to cover it, we don't have credit cards we can put our plane tickets on if we end up not getting funded. We're tapped. We've sunk everything we had into this adoption before ever asking for a donation from anyone. This adoption, start to finish, is about $48,000, Kenzi had $10700 in her grant, we have $14500 in our FSP, and we put in nearly $20,000, literally everything we had, our savings, cashed in retirement, all of it. We are going on nothing but faith at this point. Faith that the adoption community won't leave a precious little girl behind. Faith that our friends and family will wake up and see how much these kids need parents, advocates, prayer warriors. All we have left is faith, and it's scary to walk into the final stage of this adoption completely blind, and completely dependent on the kindness of strangers, but that's what we have to do now, so please, if you feel led at all...help Kenzi come home.

3 comments:

  1. Love it girl, wish I had a million for you guys! Praying that wait is waived!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passing along to local friends who have hearts for adoption! Praying for your sweet family and waiting in anticipation to hear all about Kenzi's new life when she comes home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cilla - I 'know' you well from the facebook group (I'm Katie Beth) and have been thinking of you a lot over the past few days. What I wish most that I could do is give toward your adoption, but I literally can't afford to feed my family or buy my Kenzie's school supplies right now. I'm praying for blessings in the form of employment soon, and if those blessings come to fruition, one of the first things I'm going to do is give to you and some other special adoptive families who are on my heart. In the meantime, I want you to know that I'm praying for you and Kenzi, I know you're going through SO MUCH right now between your adoption and your concern for your dear friend's sweet babe... and I want you to know that I see your good heart and your need and how hard you are working to make things happen. You have just been on my heart so much in the past few days and I wanted to let you know that even though I can't give right now, I see you, I'm not ignoring you, you're not alone... I love you and Kenzi and you are always in my prayers.
    <3 - Katie Beth

    ReplyDelete