I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Thursday, May 10, 2012

A plea for beautiful Oksana



I have had a lot of ups and downs during this adoption process. You definitely find out who you friends are, and that can be a bit heartbreaking but there is a huge upside too. The friends, no the sisters, you find along the way make everything so much easier to handle. I'm in the midst of developing lifelong friendships and sisterhoods with some of the most amazing women in this world! We're bonded together with one common goal: bringing forgotten children HOME.

One of these amazing women is my dear friend Jody. She is someone anyone would be lucky to know, and look up to. She's funny, smart, and has a faith in God that could rival that in ten preachers. Shes strong, brave and above all else, she's selfless.

Jody is adopting this gorgeous little peanut Oksana. Jody has $130 in her FSP and if she thought you needed it, she would give you every last dime of it because that's just the kind of person she is.

So, as a favor to me personally, and as proof that there is still a reason for people in this world to show love to strangers, to care about the less fortunate, and to continue having the character and grace required to put others before themselves, I'm asking that everyone who reads this checks out Jody's blog, and puts a little bit into Oksana's FSP. I'll consider it a personal favor and I know who reads this...a bunch of you already owe me favors anyway! Lol :P

Here are ways you can help bring Oksana home:

Direct link to FSP - http://reecesrainbow.org/30039/sponsorjohnson-2

Jody's blog -
http://aservantinhousebeautiful.blogspot.com/

And here is a direct link to Jody's puzzle fundraiser! These are so cool, just $5 can earn you place in Oksana's adoption story. :)

http://aservantinhousebeautiful.blogspot.com/2012/03/can-you-spare-abe-lincoln.html

So, in closing, I'd like to share some song lyrics that always make me think of our sweet kiddo's waiting for us on the other side of the world, and the potential their so capable of reaching once they're in the arms of their loving mothers. Please help Oksana come home.

Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap!
It's time to try
Defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
And you can't pull me down!
I'm through accepting limits
''cause someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till I try, I'll never know!
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well, if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost!
d sooner buy
Defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I'm defying gravity
And you can't pull me down!
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky!
As someone told me lately:
"Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!"
And if I'm flying solo
At least I'm flying free
To those who'd ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am
Defying gravity
I'm flying high
Defying gravity

-Defying Gravity, Idina Menzel

2 comments:

  1. Cihas, thank you for blogging for Jody. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful song lyrics! Completely appropriate for my adoptions right now as well - thanks for sharing :)Praying for Oksana and her family. . .

    ReplyDelete