I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

our 2nd visit with Kenzi!

This is a bit delayed but it was saved in my Kindle and I wanted to post it...better late than never right?! our second visit with kenzi was incredible! she was so spunky and really started to show us her personality. we tried playing with toys inside and she was only interested in a doll and smart phone....and those didn't really keep her entertained that long! she was much more interested in playing with us. she loves affection, craves it actually. yesterday she was content to snuggle but today she wanted to stand, bounce, and be tickled! we got lots of smile's, and even a few laughs! !! she is such a doll. <3 after about 45 minutes of playing inside, I bundled her up and moved the party outside. she played in the swing again, she made up with the plastic duck she got into a spat with yesterday, and she was a teeny bit interested in some mega blocks. she started to tire out after another 45 minutes of outdoor play so I sat on a bench and rocked / sang her to sleep. she absolutely LOVES when you sing to her. she snoozed for about 10 minutes then girlfriend got a second wind in a BIG way! she decided my hair was pretty interesting so she played with it...then tugged at it....then completely pulled it down, chucked my hairtie, then set to work ensuring than my head looked like a rats nest. once that mission was accomplished, she decided my sunglasses would look WAY better on her...and she was right. :) when she was done with my sunglasses (at least I took her chucking them in the same direction as my hair tie as a sign that she was done) she set to work on pulling my shirt off...and while she didn't get it off, the construction workers definitely got a good show. :/ and...her grand finale : she ripped my earring out. she had a BLAST!!! When it was time to go inside she fussed a little bit but got over that quickly when i dipped her backwards....girlfriend SERIOUSLY loves that game and was SQUEALING with delight! it was lunch time and when she say her caregivers she KNEW it was time to eat...which is her absolute favorite thing to do (clearly shes joining the right family!). we said our goodbyes, and we'll be visiting 2 more times before we head home. I miss my boys so much, but at the same time I dread leaving Russia. A piece of my heart will always be here...and not just until Kenzi comes home. I truly love this city, and all the wonderful people ive met here.

1 comment: