I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I would like to introduce everyone to my arch nemisis....

...the giant green crayon.

You may be asking yourself "geez lady....what did that huge green crayon bank ever do to you?!" and I guess that's a fair question...I mean who in their right mind gets offended by a crayon bank??

Well, here's the story behind the love/hate relationship I have with this bank.

It is the adoption fund bank.

All money that we save, and all money that we raise that does not go into paypal or our FSP ends up in this bank. Right before we wrote the $2,655 check to our agency to submit out preliminary dossier, this bank weighed about 40 pounds. I LOVED this bank that day! :) But, now we're starting all over again with a very sad, very empty crayon bank! It is sitting in my room, an ever present reminder of how much we need, and how little we have to meet those needs! It's depressing, but I firmly believe God has a plan!

Today we made $223 at our HaliHannigan's Cupcake Day!! Tomorrow we pick up the money for the wonderful people who made the event a success, so tomorrow the crayon is being fed a pretty hefty meal, but not all days are so grand. We put all of our change, and any money we can spare into the crayon, but it's a slow moving process, and it needs to be a FAST MOVING process! All I can do is pray that our fundraising picks up steam!

Tomorrow Dave and Dylan are going to walk the neighborhood attempting to sell Spaghetti Dinner tickets, and on April 25th, our coin drive ends! I'm excited to see how well that does! I'm starting to see that sometimes God moves mountains in a BIG way to get families funded, but other times, he moves mountains small boulder, by small boulder. I think that is His plan for us, because I know I could personally learn a few lessons about patience, so maybe this is God's opportunity to say "I've got this, all in MY time...not yours!" and I'm ok with that.

Please keep us in your prayers, our dossier paperwork was received, it is traveling with another family to Moscow for translation, and we should be receiving travel information soon. Prayers and support are much needed right now!!!

1 comment:

  1. Just wondering if you ever got a chance to send me a sippy cup for your coin drive??

    ReplyDelete