I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy Tuesday!

Good morning everyone!! I hope you are all having an amazing day! Things are going well around here, our craft auction did much better than I expected, thanks to a couple of very generous friends. I don't know if they would want to be "called out" by name for what they have done for our precious girl, but I would just like to say thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart I will never be able to show enough gratitude for how you've helped up get our sweetie home!

Over half of the auction items haven't been "claimed" and paid for yet, but I'm hoping that people are just busy, I'll give it a few more days, then I'll try to track down the person who bid before the winner and see if they want the items. :)

So...in other non-fundraising news:

WE HAVE EVERYTHING WE NEED FOR OUR DOSSIER!!

We're going next Wednesday (earliest possible day we can go because of hubby's work schedule) to Nashville to get everything apostilled, then off it goes to our agency, and then we wait for a travel date!!! I'm so excited! We've worked so hard to get to this point, and so many people have helped us get to this point and for the first time in a LONG time....I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel!

I'm back in my little proverbial "sweat shop" because we're going back to the flea market this weekend. I have a lot more variety this time, but I still have quite a bit of work to do! We made $600 last month, but a lot of that was from other items we had for sale, donated items, etc...so I have a goal of $300 for this weekend, $100 a day (Fri, Sat, Sun)...but deep down I'm hoping to go way over my goal! LOL

That's about it for now! I need to get back to the crafting!

Love, Cilla <3

1 comment:

  1. Hoping it goes well! Let me know what items are going well right now.. I haven't done a sale in a while, and have one coming up. :)

    ReplyDelete