I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Monday, March 5, 2012

Daddy's Corner - Workin' the monies :)

Hi Natasha, It's Daddy!!!

Oh baby doll, have I got a lot to catch you up on!!! Your mommy and daddy along with your brothers and alot of your new friends and relatives have been working hard to bring you home even sooner.  We have been out talking to a lot of businesses about you and some of them have been kind enough to donate various items to help bring you home.  We are going to be having an event in just 2 short months that is hopefully going to raise a lot of money that is going to be used towards bringing you home and getting you that heart surgery you need.  The doctors tell us that once you have that surgery, you are going to be running around here and having loads of fun!!! I know that Jack can't wait to have his big sister team up with him to play with your big brother Dylan.
This last weekend mommy, daddy, Dylan and some good friends and family worked hard at a flea market.  No silly, a flea market is not where they sell fleas..lol.  A flea market is where a bunch of people get together at one place and sell different things.  From purses to flavored butter...from odds and ends to sports memorabilia.  What we sold were a bunch of hair bows that mommy made and a lot of other things that so many people donated for us to sell.  You see, there are so many people out there that love you just as much as we do!!!.  The hair bowsn that mommy made are incredible. She made some small ones, some medium size ones and some large ones.  Some had buttons on them while others had bottle caps on them. They are really cute.  Don't worry baby doll...mommy has got plenty of hair bows set aside for you to wear. :)  The flea market was awesome.  A lot of people came by to show their support and purchase some items.  Dylan went walking around and he was telling people about you and had them come to see us over at our table.  He was so cute doing it too!!! He is going to be an awesome big brother to you.
The other day, I was getting ready to head out to try to find more companies to donate items for your fundraiser that's coming up.  Jack saw me getting dressed and said "Daddy wok the monies?"  He is so adorable. Whenever he sees me in my uniform, he knows that daddy is going to work and is making money for the family.  So whenever he sees that, he always says "Daddy wok the monies". So this time, I said to him..."Yep Jack, daddy is workin' the monies....but this time it's for Tasha".  You should have seen his eyes light up.  Whenever he hears your name, he always repeats it and smiles from ear to ear.  He loves you so much...as all of us do.  I know that the weather is starting to warm up a little bit by you darling but please make sure you still dress warmly.  It's still cold out, even if it is a little warmer.  We are hoping that we will be coming to see your beautiful smiling face soon Natasha.  We are praying hard each and every day for that to happen soon.  Until then though, as I always say.  When you are thinking of us, keep looking to the moon and the stars and know that we are back here doing the same thing when we think about you.  I love you Natasha and will be seeing you soon. Love, Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment