I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Monday, February 13, 2012

Daddy's Corner - It's a big world out there!!!

Hi Natasha, It's Daddy!!!

I hope you have been well my darling daughter.  I know it's been really cold out where you are so I hope you have been staying warm too.  I've been doing some thinking over the last couple of days and came to realize that I have been talking to you alot about how we can't wait for you to come to your forever home and how your brothers can't wait to play with you and love on you.  All of that is very, very true!!!  We have all been caught up in the excitement of bringing you home and showering you with all the love in the world.  We've got plenty of toys for you to play with and lots of clothes...I know mommy can't wait to play Barbie dolls with you..lol.
The thing I want to talk with you about today is your side of all of this.  I know we have been talking alot about doing a lot of things with you and all the fun we're going to have....and again...all of that is absolutely true.  I want to make sure that you know that I realize that moving from an orphanage to a new home, in a new country, and having a forever family is a huge step for anyone, let alone a little girl of your age.  I want you to know that you can take your time getting used to being in your new home and take your time getting used to your brothers.  You will already know mommy and daddy pretty well by the time we get home and I know that this is such a big change for you hon so do not feel pressured to jump right in with both feet.  You take your time and mommy and daddy will be there to support you the whole way.  It's a big world out there darling and I just want you to know that mommy and daddy will love and protect you always.  We want you to know that we are going to get your heart all fixed up for you so that you are going to have more energy.  You're probably going to have so much energy that your younger brother is going to have trouble keeping up with you..lol.  I love you Natasha and will always want to do what's best for you.  You just take your time getting better and getting used to all the new things out here and we will have lots of fun growing together.  Until the next time I write you, my love, rememeber that when you're thinking of us...keep looking to the moon and the stars and know that when you do, we are looking at them too and thinking of you as well.  We can't wait to see you and hold you and love on you.  I love you...Love, Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment