I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Friday, December 30, 2011

One Track Mind...

So, my goal for this weekend is to not be TOTALLY adoption focused! That is so hard to do when I know what's on the line if I slack off, but I feel like everyone needs a break once in a while! I've been slacking off on my homework and stuff and I need to get back on track with school, and get caught up with everything that's going on with my hubby, and my boys.

I have to remind myself that isn't just me and Natasha against the world. It definitely feels that way sometimes because I do the majority of the "work" involved with bringing her home...the paperwork, the home study stuff, etc...but the truth of the matter is, Natasha is part of a family now....she has a mommy and a daddy and brothers and she's going to be a part of something special, not the ONLY special part of something...does that make sense?

Basically, we want to make her feel totally normal. We know there will be challenges, but she is her own normal, and we need to treat her the same as the other kids in her new family! We can't wait to bring this sweet girl home! Tonight we went to the store and got her bed, mattress, bedding, and toybox...I hope she likes Dora! lol

We also got an awesome donation...candy!


I hope selling these goodies is pretty easy! We'll make $22 profit per box if we sell them all! Well, Tasha will make 100% profit ($36 per box!) since the candy was donated! We got 2 full boxes! Every little bit helps and we're so grateful for everyone's generosity!

Today I also got to work on Natasha's wall....it's kind of hard to have an animal/zoo theme...but also a girly princess-y area too lol...here is how it turned out! I still have to hang her photos, but you get the idea. :)

I love it! I hope she wil too!!! We wanted her to have something girly and bright....and all her own. <3

Sweet dreams everyone! Please don't forget about the contest to win the jewelry! It's only $2 to enter!

No comments:

Post a Comment